Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trisha Balmer Stands Up for Fairness & Equality

Submitted by Trisha Balmer


Obviously not ALL Christians, or whatever these people are calling themselves (Hatemongers?), are Anti-gay ...

Anyway, I'll stand up and be counted (again and again and again until people realize that I haven't, and never will bend to their will).

My name is Trisha Balmer. I am a Christian. I am a married heterosexual. I am a mother. And I believe that Christians who use the Bible to teach and preach hate are not doing God's will, but the Devil's.

Christ's teachings were ALL about Love. And those are the teachings in which MY faith is based.

1 comment:

PA Maverick said...

No, Jesus' teachings were not all about love! He spoke of such things as accountability, judgment, and a time when there would be those who would hear Him say, "I never knew you..." This group is described as practicing lawlessness! See references such as Matthew 7, 23 & 24 and Revelation 19 just for starters! That He is the perfect expression of love and One Who sacrificed Himself for our sins so that we could be forgiven on the condition of our repentance is a central truth. But that must be balanced with the reality that He is a God of judgment as well!