Thursday, November 13, 2008

Other Ideas for Change

from Phil Attey, Washington, DC:

We're all angry about the recent passage of the four anti-gay constitutional amendments including Prop. 8. Across the country protests and rallies are giving voice to our anger as we call on our State Governments to protect our families and support marriage equality.

But as cathartic and visible as these events are, they do little to actually change hearts and minds beyond those who already support us.

This Holiday Season, each of us has the opportunity to do what no protest, rally, TV ad, direct mail piece, or door to door canvass could do -- we can talk directly to the people who love us, and touch the heart of every voter in America.

Make this pledge today ...

"I pledge during this Holiday Season to talk to my family, friends, and loved ones about how the passage of these anti-gay referendums affect my life and my happiness.

I will ask them to stand up for me and help me fight future efforts to take away my rights and to deny me basic human dignity."

Trust that your family loves you more than they love the bigots, and do your part to achieve real and long lasting change. Make the pledge today!

No comments: