Saturday, August 9, 2008

Take a bite out of discrimination!

In case you didn't hear, there's a local effort to punish McDonald's for joining the National Gay/Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. While I'm certain the proposed boycott will fail miserably, you and I can do something to make our vote heard.
I'm not a proponent of fast food but am encouraged that a large company would take such a public stance. So, let's take a bite out of any possible impact of a boycott locally. Stop at McDonald's. I've already done so, which means they had a few more dollars this month then any time last year since I don't normally go there. I discovered a long line ahead of me (on Sunday morning) but did it anyway. It was worth it as I discovered you can get a great Ice tea with real lemon for just a buck.

No comments: