Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stop Religion-Based Bigotry and Political Intervention

from Phil Attey:

I'm hoping a good chunk of you will be able to take from this what I did. Yes, the majority of money going into the Stand for Marriage Campaign was coming from the Archdiocese of Portland ... but if you look at who was making contributions to them, (see link) you can connect the dots that the National Conference of Catholic Bishops was "laundering" money from collection plates from parishes across the country into the anti-gay initiative in Maine.


This means, if your parents give money to their small church in Florida or Ohio, that money didn't go to shelter the homeless of feed the hungry in the poor sections of their town, but to fuel the Catholic Church's attacks on Jesus' gay and lesbian brothers and sisters -- THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS!

Please print this out and bring it home with you when you celebrate Christmas with your family and implore them to stop giving money to the Church.

Contributions for Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would caution you to be careful. I read your blog quite frequently, and while I do often agree with what you write; I do belong to a church. I also tithe (give a percentage of what I earn to the church). I also read the churches budget that is printed in the monthy newsletter. So although it is not a Catholic church that I go to I do not believe that all people should be told to "stop giving" to their church. Each situation is different so each individual should be encouraged to investigate themselves and make sure they hold their church accountable to the money that is being tithed, donated, or partnered in.
-Steph
patient.in.affliction@gmail.com