Friday, May 1, 2009

New Movie: OUTRAGE -- "We Know What You Did Last Session"

A searing indictment of the hypocrisy of closeted politicians who actively campaign against the LGBT community, OUTRAGE boldly reveals the hidden lives of some of our nation’s most powerful policymakers, detailing the harm they've inflicted on millions of Americans, and the media’s complicity in keeping their secrets.

Hmmm ... How might this apply here in Venango County?



In an interview in The Advocate, Kirby Dick was asked what it was like for a straight documentary filmmaker to focus on gay subjects.

His response: "In my opinion the gay rights struggle is the most important civil rights issue of its time in this country and it affects all Americans. When any particular group of people is denied rights, the whole country is harmed by it. I've become more and more appalled that the right wing has advanced their platform on the backs of gays and lesbians. I follow politics very, very closely, and this was an opportunity for me to have my say and not just have others legislate upon me, so to speak."

No comments: